You may contact the teacher: BDistefano8656@olhamptons.org
Please see the homework link on the left for updated information about homework, upcoming quizzes/tests. Thank you.
****Spirals now have 20 multiplication questions on the back. Those questions that are not answered or answered incorrectly, will need to be corrected. Each multiplication question will be written on looseleaf 10 times each to make sure that students begin memorizing times tables.
Please review your times tables and go over your math vocabulary. It seems that you have forgotten some of your key terms!
- Homework is usually out of the math workbook that can be left at home unless otherwise noted.
- Homework is to be torn out of the workbook and handed in the next day with a name placed on the top of the paper.
- When a student is absent, he or she is still responsible to hand in the homework at a later time. If the homework is not handed in within a week of returning back, the homework is counted as late and missing.
- Homework is posted on the website but the student is required to write the homework down in his/her planner.
Power School is updated regularly for math. Please log in to stay up to date with how your child is performing in mathematics (homework grades, quiz grades, test grades, participation grades, project grades).
- Tests will be announced at least a week in advance so that there is plenty of time to review. Please refer to the study guides as a way to review.
- Each Thursday, there will be an approximately 5 minute quiz to review past information. There will only be 4 questions as to not stress students out. At the end of each month, the spirals will be combined to form one overall grade and count as a quiz grade. This is called a spiral.
- Study guides for the test will be posted to help a student study to realize what questions he/she may have. Please hand in the study guide prior to the day of the test so that I may check it over.
- Extra help is given during a lunch/recess period Tuesdays. Extra help is meant for the student to come to me to ask about a specific question or specific topic, not to review an entire chapter the day before an exam.
- When a student finishes classwork early, he/she will have the opportunity to complete basic numerical facts. For each worksheet completed 100% correctly, a student will earn a "check". When a student earns FIVE checks, he/she can pick a Coupon Reward as a prize.
Save the date:
NEW YORK STATE MATH TEST- May 2, May 3 and May 4